State Income or Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) is the most important indicator for measuring the economic development. It is a measure in monetary terms of the sum total of volume of all goods and services produced during a given period of time, usually one year, accounted without duplication, within the geographical boundaries of the State. These estimates of economy, over a period of time, reveal the extent and direction of changes in the level of economic development and also the performance made by various sectors towards the overall economy. The sectorial composition of State Domestic Product gives an idea of the relative position of different sectors in the economy over a period of time. It not only indicates the real structural changes taking place in the economy but also facilitates formulation of policies for overall economic development. When studied in relation to the total population of the State, they indicate the level of per capita net output of goods and services available or the relative standard of living of the people in the State. These are referred as estimates of Per Capita Income (PCI). The Government of Telangana has released the GSDP estimates for the year 2015-16 (Advance Estimates). According to this, the anticipated GSDP at constant (2011-12) prices for the year 2015-16 (AE) is Rs. 4, 68,656 crore as against Rs. 4, 29,001 crore for 2014-15 (FRE), registering growth of 9.2 percent. The GSDP at current prices for the year 2015-16 (AE) is anticipated at Rs. 5,83,117 crore as against Rs. 5,22,001 crore for 2014-15 (FRE), exhibiting a growth rate of 11.7 per cent.
- Establishing a State Climate Change Knowledge Management Centre (TSCCC)
- Development of state of the art evaluation tools to provide policy makers with choice of strategies to be implemented – e.g. Sectoral GHG inventorisation and generation of Marginal Abatement Cost Curves (MACC)
- Assessing Vulnerability of the State in the context of Climate Change
- Assessing various development programmes to understand their climate resilient quotient and suggest measures to make them climate proof
- Capacity building of various stakeholders on Climate Change issues
- Assisting department in mainstreaming Climate Change concerns in planning process
- Commissioning of baseline studies for each sector to evolve appropriate sectoral criteria/indicators for monitoring and evaluation of State Action Plan on Climate Change